Product Engineer Lubricants & Metalworking Fluids
For over 100 years, Unil has been representing solid value as the producer of lubricants, oils and metalworking fluids. We help our customers to increase their profitability by reducing their overall costs and by increasing the longevity of their engines and machines.
We have a range of over 500 superior quality products, at the same time we are able to provide tailor made solutions for new requirements and issues for our clients in the industrial, automobile, agricultural and transport sectors.
To ensure our growth, we are looking for a Product Engineer at our plant in St-Pieters-Leeuw (Brussels area).
- You provide field-based technical support and advice to customers (automotive, industrial, OEMs, governmental organizations, etc.) and other business partners. You support other Unil colleagues (e.g. sales, marketing, etc … .) with technical related issues.
- You build solid relationships and support current and new customers with technical information, advice and training.
- You take part in trade fairs, conferences and seminars in order to stay updated on trends, developments and opportunities in the market. You are able to translate these opportunities into product ideas.
- You introduce new products and concepts to customers and prospects. If possible you will assist during plant trials.
- You help us in the development of future products in accordance with our business strategy.
- You master the main applications for the current products in our portfolio, understand the competitive landscape and propose actions to strengthen our position and/or reduce technical gaps compared to offsets to our products.
- You gather, analyze and interpret customer, competition and market data.
- You develop and maintain your technical network within customer organizations.
- You recommend Unil products and services, you substitute competitor products and you select the best Unil products and services for customer applications.
- You support in solving complex technical issues, customer and quality complaints.
- You provide market feedback (from customers, OEMs) to R&D.
- You provide our sales and marketing teams with relevant information on any potential sales opportunity identified.
- You will assist the Unil team in making our products and formulations more efficient and more cost competitive by trying out new raw materials and new suppliers.
- You will report to the Technical Manager.
- As an ideal candidate you have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical role (preferably in a B2B environment) in the mechanical or chemical industry.
- You have a Master’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), Technology or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc … ).
- You are a definite team player, entrepreneur and communicator. You combine technical knowledge with excellent communication skills and outstanding organizational skills.
- You know how to speak customer language; i.e. using solution benefit approach rather than product features.
- You are a dynamic person who contributes in improving our products with your problem solving mindset and creativity.
- You are prepared to travel internationally up to 10% of your time.
- You have a history of working in a field that required autonomy.
- You like working in a “no nonsense” culture with a dynamic, flat structured company.
- You are able to communicate fluently in Dutch, English and French.
- You are highly computer literate: you are able to work with Microsoft Office Suite and you are willing to learn internal business systems. Experience with ERP systems is a plus.
If you like to know more, please contact HR Manager Christel Suenens via mail at email@example.com .
No recruiters please!